Thursday 10 September 2015

More Fashion Victims

Further to my observation about people wearing their hats over their ears, in http://robocono.blogspot.com/2014/06/mens-hats-in-tv-period-dramas.html: I noticed someone wearing their baseball hat over their ears the other day, and he happened to take it off while I was doing so.

His ears were deformed! Nipped in against the skull at the top and then flaring out until a normal attitude was achieved. Since then I've noticed a significant minority of young men with ears deformed in this way.
(Not the man I noticed, by the way)
I had previously speculated that perhaps this fashion was about more than ignorance or taking gang bangers as style icons (ignorance at one remove), and that it may have something to do with the wearer being concerned about having stickie-out ears, and attempting to nip a wingnut tendency in the bud, as it were. But if that is the case, the job only gets half done, leaving them with this absurd hybrid effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment